Books and books, and updates on my original fiction. Contents may include my library life and occasional pictures of my ridiculous cat, Kipling.
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
I Persisted
It's been difficult writing over the last few days thanks to Trump. It has been breaking my heart. We should not be offering any apologies for Nazis, for white supremacists, for bigots. I try to celebrate diversity in my writing. It's literally nauseating to hear "Seig Heil," to see the swastika being flourished on our streets, to hear the hate spewing out of these people's mouths and their belief that they now have the tacit approval of the President of the United States.
Maybe, at some time when my book is finished, somebody will take offense at what I just wrote. In that case, don't read my book. It will not break my heart if you don't. I'd rather be right than rich.
'Nuff said about politics today. On to writing.
As I said, it's been hard to focus, but I still surpassed 42,000K and 14 Chapters. I will keep on writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment