For the last month I have been writing an original mystery novel. But first, a bit about me. I am a librarian, so I am surrounded by books; some good, some mediocre, and frankly, some awful. I've read extensively in all genres, but the one I'm most drawn to are mysteries and thrillers. I am not a "cozy" kind of writer, though I have attempted to write cozy mysteries and found myself bored to tears with my own writing! That's okay. It's not my style any more than humor is, or chic lit, or historical mysteries.
My favorite authors are Lee Child, Robert Crais, John Sandford, and Meg Gardiner. So, dark, urban and gritty are more my style that cats and teapots.
I've devoted most of my writing time in the past to Fan Fiction, and I'm damn proud of what I've written over the years. Some of the stories are "Gen", others are most definitely not.
I've decided to write this blog because Twitter is too short to allow me to express my feelings about what I'm writing, or even try to explain what the darn book is about.
My latest word count, which I update daily is standing at 32,551 plus a few I added today. Here's hoping I don't run out of words before if finish the book More about that tomorrow!
So, welcome, readers and friends.
Joan (aka DresdenRose)
Hi Joan! You're a fantastic writer and I look forward to reading your blog (and your book!) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThank you! We'll see what happens.So far, so good!
Delete