Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Update and Words of Wisdom

Well, February has been a month, I tell you. I've been ill for most of it with a virus that decided it liked me and overstayed its welcome. Not much writing was done. Then we had a horrible windstorm that took out my cable and internet. You never realize how helpful Google is until it's not available for research. Finally, February, despite being the shortest month seems like the longest! Between brutal weather, illness, and general exhaustion from 40 hour work weeks, I wish the month would just go away.

So, lovely followers, I'm sorry for being away for so long. Have a quote to encourage you.

“We’re all there trying to make the story, novel, or chapter as good as it can be. It’s a constant struggle to get it down, get it clear, and understand that your intentions are the same, whether you’re an undergraduate writing a short story or a writer with seven published novels. The continually reassuring thing is that we’re all novices when we start a new work.”

- Alice McDermott

P.S. I might have an update on my progress later this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment