Tuesday, July 24, 2018

From Pantser to Plotter: An incomplete road map


I’m in the process of trying to organize the final third (maybe) of my story into a coherent and cohesive narrative. I’m usually a “pantser,” but I’ve reached the point where I need to become a “plotter,” and make an outline of what has to happen to wrap the story up. I’ve still got a long way to go to make this rough draft a complete story with all the characters I’ve developed. I’ve come up with a list of things I need to do in order to make it happen. Will it be helpful to me or to anybody in the process of writing a mystery? I don’t know, but I’ll keep you updated!


1.       Will the idea hold up?
2.       Review the pertinent chapters
3.       Go over the clues
4.       Follow the trail
5.       Discovery – who knows what, and who needs to know everything.
6.       Confrontation
7.       Resolution
8.       Conclusion of the story

No comments:

Post a Comment