Wednesday, July 25, 2018

CareerAuthors.com ... Writer's Block

Hi, all.

The wonderful Hank Phillipi Ryan composed a great essay on the Career Authors site that leads you through the shoals of the dreaded Writer's Block. It's well worth a read. There are probably days, I know I have a lot of them, when you don't feel like writing. It's understandable, particularly if you're dealing with a full-time job, studies, housework, or a million other distractions that sap your desire to write. But that's not Writer's block. Procrastination and exhaustion, but not a creative doldrums.

If you need help with fending off the psychological impediment of not knowing where your story is going, or characters who have suddenly fallen silent, here's a few ideas to get your Muse out of solitary confinement and back to the story you really want to tell.

 https://careerauthors.com/writers-block-not-a-chance/

I can't recommend this site enough. It's well worth joining if you are writing and hoping to be published at some point. Invaluable advice from great authors who have been through the process and who have succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment