Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Death by Dumpling

I had pleasure of having Vivien Chien speak at the library's "Mystery and May-hem" event on May 19th, so I think it's only fair I post my review of Death by Dumpling

Death by Dumpling (A Noodle Shop Mystery #1)Death by Dumpling by Vivien Chien
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A charming cozy featuring Lana Lee, a young and curious protagonist who is currently underemployed waiting tables at her family's Chinese restaurant. Set in an Asian plaza shopping center, which is like a gossipy, unique small town on it's own - with murder. When one of the local shop owners apparently ingests a dumpling with shrimp inside, it precipitates a fatal allergic reaction. Of course, Lana is determined to prove that her family and the restaurant's staff are not the culprits.

Full of humor, a touch of romance (there has to be a handsome police detective!) and family dynamics, Death by Dumpling is a promising start to a new cozy series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment