Thursday, October 26, 2017

Constant Companion: Frustration

It's been a while since I posted, mainly because I'm still dealing with a lot of pain, which while in some ways is productive for a writer, IRL is just a huge dark cloud hanging over me, literally hindering my every move and making writing feel like I'm climbing Mt. Everest. 

On a brighter note, I did make it to Toronto for Bouchercon 2017. So inspiring. So many fabulous authors, so many books, so many excellent panels. Fortunately, I was in the host hotel, which saved me a lot of walking, and the weather wasn't conducive to roaming the city. 

There is nothing like being surrounded by incredibly talented and creative people. Authors are generous with their time and advice and are genuinely interested in talking to their readers/fans. 

I came home fired up with energy, but woke up the next morning in such severe pain that I could barely move. Since then, it's been up and down emotionally and physically. Who knew that pain could be so exhausting? 

So, in closing today, in five days it's NaNoWriMo. I wish everybody well, if you're participating, and I'm hoping that I will be on the way to recover and less pain very soon. Meanwhile, I can try to write and if it sucks, then I can always rework it when my body and brain are once again friends with each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment