Saturday, November 3, 2018

It's National Novel Writing Month!

It's that time of year when all you budding novelists have a chance to actually have a perfectly good excuse to sit and write. Unlike yours truly, who has failed twice to reach the goal of 50.000 words, even though my current project is well over that. It's still not finished and not likely to be finished at the end of the month. You still have a chance to catch up and get to speed, however.

I can be your cheering section. I don't know how much advice I can give to newbies, but I can say that NaNoWriMo is a great chance to connect with other writers in your community, which can be so important. Most of the time we work in solitude, but this month, you can find locations in your area where you can talk, write, angst over plots and characters, and not do it by yourself.

Hop on over to https://nanowrimo.org/ and join. It doesn't matter if you finish, but this will be a great way to start putting your ideas on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment